Our website address is: https://diversity.commandshift.org.
Summary of Key Points
Collection of Personal Information
We collect certain Personal Information about you when you visit the Site.
We collect the following categories of Personal Information through your access to or use of the Site:
- Registration Information: You must provide certain information in order to register for an account, including your name, email address and password.
- Account Profile Information: You have choices about the information on your account profile, such as your date of birth, phone number, education, work experience, military service and status, skills and photograph. You do not have to provide additional information on your account profile, however account profile information helps you get more from the Site and services, including helping partners find opportunities for you. It is your choice whether to include sensitive information on your profile and to make that sensitive information public. Please do not post or add personal data or sensitive information to your account profile that you would not want to be publicly available.
- Device Information: We log usage data when you access or use the Site, including computer Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, unique device identifier (“UDID”), cookies and other information linked to a device, and information about usage of the Site and communications. Note, however, we do not consider Device Information to be Personal Information except where we link it to you as an individual or where applicable law requires.
- Location Information: Zip code or location data from user device.
Use of Personal Information
We use Personal Information to provide our services and respond to inquiries, to manage accounts, maintain Site operations, and satisfy compliance obligations.
We use the above categories of Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Make the Site available, provide the services you requested and respond to your inquiries.
- Manage your accounts and maintain our internal operations.
- Make the Site more personal, intuitive and easy to use.
- Protect the security and effective functioning of the Site and information technology systems.
- Provide relevant marketing about our services and opportunities that may be available to you.
- Address our compliance and legal obligations and exercise our legal rights.
Sharing of Personal Information
We share Personal Information as necessary to provide our services through the Site and respond to inquiries, to manage accounts, maintain internal operations, and satisfy compliance obligations.
We share Personal Information with the following categories of recipients:
- Affiliates: We may share Personal Information with affiliated companies as necessary for the purposes described above.
- Other users (partners): Subject to your settings, your Personal Information can be visible to other users for the purposes described above.
- Auditors and advisors: We may share Personal Information with auditors for the performance of audit functions, and with advisors for the provision of legal and other advice, as well as certain investors.
- Business reorganization: We may share Personal Information with any corporate purchaser or prospect to the extent permitted by law as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
- Mandatory disclosures and legal rights: We may share Personal Information in order to comply with any subpoena, court order or other legal process, or as otherwise required by applicable law. We also share Personal Information to establish or protect our legal rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of others, or to defend against legal claims.
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email. If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you have questions about the parties with which we share Personal Information, please contact us as specified below.
You have control regarding our use of your Personal Information for directing marketing.
If you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications, remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed, or receive any other marketing communication, you can choose to not receive such communications at any time. Please follow the unsubscribe link in the relevant communication or contact us as specified below.
To opt out of receiving communications from us or to change the information we have on file, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are cookies?
Cookies are small amounts of information that are stored on your browser, device, communication, or the page you are viewing. Some cookies are deleted once you close your browser (“session cookies”), while other cookies are retained even after you close your browser so that you can be recognized when you return to a website (“persistent cookies”).
Cookies on our Site are generally divided into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are required for the operation of the Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable us to provide the Site.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of users of the Site and understand how such users navigate through the Site. This helps to improve how the Site works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies improve the functional performance of the Site and make it easier for you to use. These cookies qualify as persistent cookies, because they remain on your device for NPower to use during a next visit to the Site. You can delete these cookies via your browser settings.
What are your options if you do not want cookies?
You can review your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections “Help” or “Internet Options,” to exercise choices you have for certain cookies. If you disable or delete certain cookies in your Internet browser settings, you might not be able to access or use important functions or features of the Site.
At this time, the Site is not configured to honor browsers’ “Do Not Track” signals.
Accessing sections of commandshift.org will provide opportunities to leave comments on the site and we collect the data shown in the comments form and the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We maintain technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction.
We maintain technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information against loss and unauthorized access, use, destruction, modification, or disclosure, appropriate to the level of risk and sensitivity of the Personal Information. However, no security measure can guarantee against compromise. If you have any reason to believe that your Personal Information has been compromised, please contact us as specified below.
California Privacy Rights
California law requires us to provide additional information to you about how we use and disclose your information, and certain rights you may have.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits California residents to annually request, free of charge, information about personal information (if any) disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
Attn: Shine the Light Disclosure
55 Washington Street, Suite 560
Brooklyn, New York 11201
(i) How long do we retain Personal Information?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Please contact us as specified below with any questions.